Sales deck/Sales Deck Construction
The following is a working copy of the Sales deck to aid in collaboration. Each header section represents a slide in the deck. The thumbnail to the right is the slide deck background. See below for a working copy of the PowerPoint deck:
MediaWiki Stakeholders' Group
Your wiki, our passion
- You need help installing your wiki?
- You wonder how to control access to your wiki?
- You struggle keeping your wiki and all its components up-to-date?
- You wonder whether an extension is secure and works with your wiki?
- You wonder whether your wiki is configured to its optimum?
- Do you have an extension in mind and need a developer?
- You want to benefit from applying best practices for using your wiki?
- You want to stay properly informed about MediaWiki's development?
- You want to integrate your wiki with your Active Directory?
- You want to steer MediaWiki in the direction optimizing your use case?
The MediaWiki Stakeholders' Group (MWStake) is a MediaWiki user group of:
- MediaWiki Developers
- System Administrators
- Hosting Providers
We cooperate towards our mission in order to improve the software and advocate the needs of MediaWiki users outside the Wikimedia Foundation (WMF), its projects and the traditional Wikimedia movement.
Thus to ensure MediaWiki becomes and stays the best fit open source wiki for knowledge sharing and documentation.
Ecosystem and Structure
MediaWiki Stakeholders' Group is a recognized Wikimedia Foundation (WMF) affiliation. The WMF was established as a nonprofit in 2003 to give Wikipedia ‘the largest source of human knowledge ever created’ a permanent home. Some Wikipedia numbers (2018):
- Wikipedia remains the only top 10 website that's a non-profit
- Wikipedia surpassed 50 million articles
- Volunteers added 2.5 million new articles
- 250,000+ volunteers contributed to Wikipedia each month
- As an ecosystem we maintain Wikipedia with 350+ non-profit staff worldwide
- People visited Wikipedia 15 billion times each month
- AI bots scanned Wikipedia edits 86 million times per month to catch and correct vandalism
The MediaWiki Stakeholders’ Group Corporation was founded in 2019 to complement WMF. MWStake's current members are high profile members of the MediaWiki community. Many Members use or maintain MediaWiki in a professional environment, in corporations, highly visible sites or as advisors.
Since 2014, MWStake has been caring about the needs of MediaWiki maintainers. We raise the flag in:
- MediaWiki events
- Semantic MediaWiki Conferences
- Enterprise MediaWiki Conferences
- Developer Summits
- Fix bugs
- Work on documentation
- Standardize functionality
- Exchange experience
- Create a network
MediaWiki is widely used. Here’s some statistics and numbers. We co-power:
- 100,000+ wikis 
- 132m+ MediaWiki users 
- 1.25m+ active users 
- 500+ MediaWiki developers 
- 180m+ pages 
- 40m+ articles 
- 13m+ files 
- 1.2b+ edits 
We validate and focus on the topics the MediaWiki Community and its Members put on the technical agenda:
- Installation (Meza, Composer RfC)
- Integration (LDAP)
- Use cases (Fantastic MediaWikis Track)
- Networking (EMWCon)
- Member projects
- Your project
Benefits & Incentives
Why should you join?
- Influence the direction of the group
- Help select projects
- Meet other MW users
- Exchange of ideas and experience
- Engage with conferences
- Shape the future of MediaWiki
Becoming a Member, stakeholders contribute resources and money specifically to the development of MediaWiki.
Members can influence the features of MediaWiki with their resources.
Members enable MWStake to reach their Mission and Goals.
References (Non slide)
- Annual Report 2018 of the Wikimedia Foundation https://wikimediafoundation.org/about/2018-annual-report/
- 141,469 unique wikis by 29th September 2019 per https://pingback.wmflabs.org/#unique-wiki-count
- 132,887,711 users from wikis queried in 2020 by 3rd June per 2020 https://wikistats.wmflabs.org/ ; Total: 344,124,641 users
- 1,253,904 active users from wikis queried in 2020 by 3rd June 2020 per https://wikistats.wmflabs.org/ ; Total: 4,052,934 active users; Compare to 198,547 on Wikipedias;
- 515 authors on git by 3rd June 2020 per https://wikimedia.biterg.io/
- 181,880,985 pages from wikis queried in 2020 by 3rd June 2020 per https://wikistats.wmflabs.org/ ; Total: 336,268,574
- 43,722,664 articles from wikis queried in 2020 by 3rd June 2020 per https://wikistats.wmflabs.org/ ; Total: 59,134,554
- 13,519,034 files from wikis queried in 2020 by 3rd June 2020 per https://wikistats.wmflabs.org/ ; Total: 28,385,654
- 629,813,566 edits from wikis queried in 2020 by 3rd June 2020 per https://wikistats.wmflabs.org/ ; Total: 1,266,649,765. Here, I think we can take the complete figure as these are all valid recorded edits