MediaWiki Usage Report 2015/Do you make contributions to the MediaWiki community?
Out of 104 answers (multiple checkboxes):
|I contribute feedback and bug reports||75||27,27%||54,74%|
|I contribute to extensions||57||20,73%||41,61%|
|I help answer questions and provide support||47||17,09%||34,31%|
|I help with documentation||47||17,09%||34,31%|
|I contribute patches and bug fixes||28||10,18%||20,44%|
|I contribute code to MediaWiki core||18||6,55%||13,14%|
|275||sum of answers|
|137||sum of participants|
Other single mentions:
- I continue to learn about Mediawiki and follow related topics.
- I would like to gain the knowledge to support code and patches.
- I'm merely an observer
Help others, community, events, documentation:
- I am in the irc channel + help people
- Community building
- help to organise meetings
- Help with Semantic MediaWiki of the month selection process
- Organise SMWCon, do promotion and marketing
- some edits on mediawiki.org
- Try to attend weekly meetings set up by Tom O'
- Visit hackathons and conferences
- I contribute bug reports/fixes to extensions (we had to to get theshibboleth extension working)
- I work in WMF's Engineering Community team
- Minormost patches.
- Offline extension to be contributed in the future once stable.
- Financial donations
- I write books about it