26 January 2015 MWstake Meeting
|Date (UTC):||26 January 2015 19:00:00 - 26 January 2015 19:00:00|
|Attendees:||, , , , , , , , , ,|
- Discuss the state of the group and a shift in focus
Time and Place
- Dial in
- Attendees (for real)
- add yourself if you were there
- Introduction of the group: What we are and where we're heading
- Current state
- Possible shift in strategic focus: Advisory and educational
- Markus explains what the MW Stakeholders Group is doing (he has slides, should be uploaded somewhere)
- Monitors development roadmap
- Application to AffCom
- Set up a developer exchange
- Development wishlist / roadmap
- Set up tasks on Phabricator
- Extension documentation on mw.o
- Re-focus (Markus proposes)
- We are probably diverting too much. If we would be lobbying for only one reason, what would it be?
- Mark: Extension / Content bundle?
- We are not discussing. How to start?
- mediawiki-l could be the mailing to discuss
- Mark: what if we start discussing the extension bundle the idea in mediawiki-l?
- Legoktm: we would need to discuss first whether that is a good idea?
- Csteipp: as a 3rd party user you don't get any communiation when there are changes of big impact coming.
- Isarra: Is there a way to communicate these announcements?
- Mukunda: a MediaWiki Planet?
- Siebrand? a tag log in i.e. Wikipedia planet?
- ACTION: Publish major release announcements on techblog (Greg G on point)
- We gots a hashtag: #mwstake
- Wikimedia Foundation support
- Quim: If you need something, ask. If you don't say anything, we assume you are fine.
- The group should know what Wikimedia can offer (grants, participation and travel sponsorship to events...)
- Quim: What about the SemanticMediaWiki community?
- Markus: we have SMW people in the group, but we don't need to be the single point of contact for 3rd parties.