2 June 2017 MWstake Meeting
|Date (UTC):||2017/06/02 14:00 UTC - 2017/06/02 15:00 UTC
|Attendees:||, , , , , ,|
- New MWStake logo and two templates for MediaWiki.org (portals, user page, ...)
- Richard shows a draft logo: sunflower with user group ring with two wikimedia colors (green and green) and brown from mediawiki.
- Task: make projects visible, foster mediawiki community identity, building bridges between wmf, mediawiki community and stakeholders by using the common elements and colors
- Cindy: to have a logo is a great idea
- Do we have this to be approved by anyone?
- ACTION Richi -- Ask Quim if he can help with this.
- There is a similar item: see https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:MediaWiki_Community_UNOFFICIAL_DRAFT.svg (=maybe an alternative)
- Using the community colors means we do align with the community. Is that the case?
- yes, that's our self-conception
- How about a version with text?
- Have different derivations, logo without text is main version
- Quick wins to make MW.org more attractive and MWStake activities easier to find
EMWCon in Houston
- Mark and Darren about to organize a EMWCon in Houston
- Next spring
- Yaron is fine with MWStake using "EMWCon" name and organizing/branding the event
- Plan for two tracks: a) technical b) usage and administration
- ACTION Put up a page on MW.o
- ACTION Frank to talk to Sketch City folks
Sketch City is a civic-tech Meetup group in Houston (https://www.meetup.com/sketchcity/). Houston Technology Center (https://www.houstontech.org/) recently hosted the annual Houston Hackathon. Station Houston (https://www.houstontech.org/) opened a new facility downtown last year. Sketch City sometimes holds events at a coding school called the Iron Yard (https://www.theironyard.com/locations/houston). FT
- Robert Vogel created LDAP hub on mediawiki.org
- Is there a logo we can use on the work to indicate it is an MWstake activity?
- Important project for us to start with technical cooperation
- Cindy: naming of LDAP authentication and LDAP authorisation is confusing for users
- There is a sub portal page: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/LDAP_hub also note the subpages, e.g.: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/LDAP_hub/Migration_from_extension_LDAPAuthentication/Example_1
- ACTION: Set up a phab task and link it on the ldap hub page
- There is a gap to be filled. MWStake could either help Yaron or fill it. We need to consider the options
For this or next meeting (Greg Rundlett):
Who are the major stakeholders? How can I find service providers? Richard says check out the enterprise hub on mw.o for recent list of hosting and other service providers
- Foundation / Internal
- Companies that have paid staff to work on MediaWiki
- MITRE (Cindy is on strategy team)
- etc. (who?)
- Companies that want to pay money into a pool to maintain/make features/extensions
- Potentially all the companies in WikiApiary
- EMW Consortium members
- Consultants / Implementers / Trainers
- Identify them how?
- Hosting companies
- Identify them how?
How does MWStake liaise / communicate with WMF? In other words, who sets the Workboard on Phabricator?
Mode of operation
- ACTION Markus: overview of communications channels MWStake / WMF, also responsibilities
- Cindy is our REP!
- give coordinated feedback on the strategy process