26 September 2014 MWstake Meeting
|Date (UTC):||26 September 2014 16:00:00 - 26 September 2014 19:00:00|
|Attendees:||, , ,|
- 1 Purpose
- 2 Time and place
- 3 Agenda
- 4 Minutes
State of the tasks and communitcation structures
Time and place
- Dial in
- Google Hangout
- IRC ( ).
- Welcome (Markus)
- State of projects
- Monitoring roadmap
- Feature wishlist
- Publicizing changes in 1.24 (Mark)
- AffCom application (Markus)
- Communication structures (Markus)
- Ideas on fundraising (Markus)
- Saturday as possible meeting time
- Your items (please add your name)
- Closing (Mark)
State of projects
Monitoring ongoing development
- There are some interesting ideas on that page, esp. about providing content packages.
Publicizing changes in 1.24
- Mark. Use official twitter account and communication channels to advertise new MediaWiki features. For example reasons why people should update
- Richard: translate these messages to German
- Are there other languages we can target? Russian (Natasha Brown), Chinese developer for Mandarin and Cantonese, Spanish, French
- Find one person per language
- Use the translation feature on MW.o
- This is time critical. Start in November before the release.
- Use official WMF blog as a medium (official announcements are important for media)
- Write this from a users' perspective
- ContentHandler and it's possibilities are great and this should be communicated.
- Application will be submitted on Monday, after finalizing it together with Manuel
- Markus proposes to use a seperate mailing list (e.g. mediawiki-co-op-l) for coordination of the group
- We need other ways of informing people that something is happening than mediawiki-l
- Mark created a Google event
Ideas on fundraising
- Richard says crowdfunding software focused on MW Developers
- what software can we use?
- Not a tool question. Do we have the power and resources?
- Other sources of funding:
- apply for grants together with partner
- Go to large users and see if they want to do this for their corporate social responsibility
- Try to do cold calls? It is a lot of effort and the expected result is not very high
- Our ability to raise money also depends on plans for MediaWiki. We should start a conversation with the Foundation about their plans with MediaWiki.
Saturday as possible meeting time
- We must have a conversation with people of the group about a good time slot.
- Next meeting is in three weeks, time and date to be confirmed
- potentially Friday, October 17th or Saturday, October 18th
Meeting closes @ 6:59 PM UTC