2 October 2020 MWstake Meeting
|Date (UTC):||2 October 2020 15:30:00 - 2 October 2020 16:30:00|
|Attendees:||, , , , , , , , , ,|
- Wait for attendees & chat
- Wiki Quickie
- MediaWiki News
- Movement Strategy Discussions
- Should MWStake help with organizing movement strategy discussions?
- Wiki Watercooler
The meeting voice transcription is available on the talk page.
- What's new in MW (Etherpad)
- GitLab consultation
- Discussion on mediawiki.org
- liked the UI for Gerrit
I'm on the GitLab consultation group
- The community (MW) wasn't happy about the speed/notice about the decision to switch, but it does seem like it's happening
- Only if the council really disapproves will it be blocked.
- The council is comprised of 10 people, 7 of which are on the WMF.
- The case has to be strong to prevent moving forward
- (Cindy) Some outside & within the Foundation liked some of Gerrit's features
- Since the WMF would become a strategic partner and a high notoriety one, we can push for the opensourcing of some features of GitLab which would be a community win
- WikiMedia Strategy Recommendation - Overview
- Gergo pointed this out
I'm interested in helping here. I see two areas we can be involved:
- User Experience - Changes here effect all of us. At the least knowing what's coming and proactively helping guide changes to benefit our community.
- Manage Internal Knowledge - Many of us have a lot of experience documenting processes and capturing tribal knowledge, this is an area I can "give back" to MediaWiki
- MediaWiki Blog
- mediawikiexperts.blog The blog is now live here:
- Suggested that Sam could write something (possibly on StructuredNavigation)
this page for more informationSee