Click for time zone conversion
- Wait for attendees & chat 5 min
Wiki Quickie 5 min TBD
- WMStake is now recognized as a non-profit 5 min Mark
- RFC for Composer 15 min Markus
- PHP Conference 5 min Mark
- Wiki Watercooler remaining Open Mic
- WMStake is now recognized as a non-profit
- (Mark) Our approval from the IRS finally came through.
- (Mark) Working to implement a merchant services account so we can start taking money (membership dues, sponsorship, seed funding, etc.) through the website.
- (Cindy) Now that MWStake has non-profit status, what project would be good to tackle? Should be linked to the MWStake Phabricator board.
- ACTION ITEM (Mark) Let's talk about this during the next meeting.
- RFC for Composer
- (Mark) General idea of extension download or provisioning using composer.
- (Mark) 1/2 of the widely used extension are available via download using composer, but the RFC makes this the official way.
- (Gergo) Extensions are deeply integrated into MW & easy to break things.
- (Cindy) Couple of different aspects. Extensions dependent on MW Core version, i.e. Chameleon → Bootstrap → SCSS.
- (Markus) Auto-enable by composer probably isn't a good idea, this is agreed by all but SMW.
- (Mark) Ideally we can include these discussion points on the RFC.
- (Markus) I was planning on adding to the RFC but as people know, Robert & I are on the same page about this.
- (Cindy) Since the WMF doesn't use Composer but doesn't use another option and many extension developers have been using Composer, they have created an infrastructure/process that works.
- (Mark) Could use Composer to find issues, throw warnings, & download files.
- (Cindy) I assume Composer has the hooks to do this?
- (Mark & Gergo) Yes, Composer has the ability to have hooks.
- PHP Conference
- (Mark) Some people think we should be involved in the wider PHP community, here's an opportunity
- (Gergo) That conference costs 300 Euros
- Guided Tour Extension
- (Vince) I've been investigating the Guided Tour extension, seems like a good way to sell people on the "wiki way"
- ACTION ITEM (Vince) Is willing to show what he's learned during the next mwstake meeting
- MW Stability
- (Cindy) There is a proposal for MW stability for putting annotation on elements of code to let extension developers know the change of change. Daniel Kinzler wrote the proposal.
See this page for more information