| Date (UTC):
||6 March 2020 16:30:00 - 6 March 2020 17:30:00
||Brian Wolff, Bryan Hildebrand, Cindy Cicalese, Evita Hollis, Ike Hecht, Lex Sulzer, Marcin Cieslak, Mark Hershberger, Markus Glaser, Richard Heigl, Vincent Brooks
Click for time zone conversion
- Wait for attendees & chat 5 min
Wiki Quickie 15 min TBD
- Welcome the new MWStake Board Member - Eric-Jan (Wiki base) 5 min Mark
- EMWCon Update 40 min Cindy
- Wiki Watercooler remaining Open Mic
- Coronavirus discussion & chatter
- Welcome the new MWStake Board Member - Eric-Jan
- (Mark) After a recent board member opening and vote from the current board members, please welcome Eric-Jan from Wiki base to the MWStake Board
- (Mark) Per the Bylaws, the terms, there will be many more openings in the future including one more position ≈ 1 month from now.
- Update on EMWCon
- (Cindy) A few die-hards are planning on going regardless
- (Cindy) I was one of them, but now WMF said no travel, I might drive but don't enjoy long drives by myself
- (Cindy) I'd like to create a poll with options
- Stay in Sandusky
- Webconference / Remote talks
- Strawpoll for EMWCon (Sandusky, Webconference, Postpone, or Cancel)
- Possibility for a "Remote Conference?"
- (Vince) I'll have easier justification for future conferences if there is good attendance.
- (Vince) If I attend a "remote conference", it will be tough to convince management that I shouldn't always attend remotely
- (Lex) There is a possibility of being "stuck" in Sandusky as a foreign national
- (Lex) Insurance would never pay for staying at a resort (Kalahari)
- (Lex) I would vote for postponing
- (Brian) If done remotely, would it be done on the same date?
- Some talk about combining w/SMWCon
- Discussion about the difference between Cancel & Postpone
- Proposed discussion with WMF CEO (Katherine Maher) and an MWStake representative
- Maybe Vince @ NASA?
- Goal is to show outside use of MW
- NASA may not be the best use case since the information is siloed
- However, NASA does bring a lot back to the community
See this page for more information