Save the Date: EMWCon Spring 2017
by Cindy Cicalese on 20 November 2016 17:09 (EST)
The Enterprise MediaWiki Conference Spring 2017, or EMWCon Spring 2017, will be held Wednesday to Friday, March 8-10, 2017, in McLean, VA, USA, a suburb of Washington, DC. EMWCon Spring 2017 will be a three-day conference featuring discussions of topics related to "Enterprise MediaWiki", i.e. the usage of MediaWiki software by and within companies, non-profits, governments, and other organizations. There will be two days of talks followed by a one day Create Camp. The intended audience of EMWCon Spring 2017 is anyone who uses, or would like to learn more about, MediaWiki within organizations. Suggested topics for talks include:
- Examples of use of MediaWiki in organizations
- Lessons learned and challenges in the use of MediaWiki and MediaWiki extensions in organizations
- Gamification and other incentives for wiki contributions
- Wikitext patterns and wiki design patterns
- Wiki development frameworks
- MediaWiki extension usage and development
- New extensions, extension updates, and ideas for future extensions
This is the second EMWCon, after EMWCon Spring 2016 last year. EMWCon began as a spinoff of the Semantic MediaWiki Conference, or SMWCon, which is an annual conference, held in the fall in Europe. EMWCon and SMWCon are not that different from one another: they are both three-day events, and, despite EMWCon's broader scope, the overall topics of discussion tend to be similar.
For more information about the conference, please visit the conference wiki page.
EMWCon Spring 2017 will be located at MITRE, a not-for-profit organization that manages Federally Funded Research and Development Centers (FFRDCs) sponsored by the US federal government.