Discuss Board Meeting

From mwstake
Jump to: navigation, search

Raw transcript:

  • Evita: Can you hear me.
  • Mark: Yeah.
  • Evita: Yes, the Jaden Hollis is me. I'm trying to figure out how to change it. But my six year old has taken over my computer. He has more zoom meetings and I do
  • Mark: Be. Did you get the PDF that within out
  • Mark: There was a PDF that was sent out from
  • Eric-Jan: That was sent last Wednesday.
  • Eric-Jan: April 22
  • Mark: But I got it now.
  • Mark: The title of the email is draft friendly an action plan.
  • Mark: And I'm dead. I'm
  • Mark: Eric whenever you're done. Whenever you're ready.
  • Eric-Jan: Ready for what Mark
  • Mark: Are you not getting talked about your
  • Funding Plan here.
  • Eric-Jan: Sure, yeah, sure.
  • Eric-Jan: So you want me to take you all through the document. Right.
  • Mark: Yeah.
  • Eric-Jan: All right, good.
  • Eric-Jan: So I, I went on where we
  • Eric-Jan: Left in the march board meeting, the things we discussed there.
  • Eric-Jan: Took it from there. So I made a little content.
  • Eric-Jan: Overview and to copy the general approach, how to approach the
  • Eric-Jan: Draft funding Action Plan issue as an issue. And the third slide.
  • Eric-Jan: Together, the more practically because
  • Eric-Jan: I like action driven plans, more than theoretical plans and I would say that an action based approach for this draft to funding action is for the draft funding plan is what we need here.
  • Eric-Jan: So,
  • Eric-Jan: Go to slide for
  • Eric-Jan: I just point out how I approached the issue and what are the key elements.
  • Eric-Jan: To get the funding work.
  • Eric-Jan: You can all read that.
  • Eric-Jan: So what is important is that we offer.
  • Eric-Jan: Potential sponsors clear proposition. Right.
  • Eric-Jan: You could call it the product. Mark combination, but I could just call it a proposition or proposal, so I pointed out some key elements. What is what what is in in for the sponsors.
  • Eric-Jan: What they can benefit of perhaps I've forgotten something, but I think these six bullet points, more or less.
  • Eric-Jan: Describe what we offer so
  • Eric-Jan: In the perception of
  • Eric-Jan: Of the sponsors, they would, they would, they would react well this is free, right. I've always had this for free. What, what are you guys do have made a wiki. So the proposition needs to communicate why we do this and what we offer
  • Eric-Jan: Um, so
  • Eric-Jan: Use of the media, we can plan that for as they know it.
  • Eric-Jan: Through all kinds of supports and all kinds of websites.
  • Eric-Jan: Where they
  • Eric-Jan: Fiber community with a good reputation and very active and loyal.
  • Eric-Jan: Sponsors even may join or help already have joined user group for developer Hubs or anything. All those community elements.
  • Eric-Jan: They can visit events all kinds of events and the final bullet point we now offer them a membership with benefits rights.
  • Eric-Jan: And possibly a direct to influence our improvement roadmap. So if we look at the roadmap Cindy sent us a link to the fabricator were bored.
  • Eric-Jan: I just copied that to show you what what is there at the moment.
  • Eric-Jan: Yeah, so this is not exactly the technical high level roadmap, I'm looking for. But I think that we would need
  • Eric-Jan: A technical high level roadmap.
  • Eric-Jan: And these improvements.
  • Eric-Jan: Could be prioritized and categorized.
  • Eric-Jan: If these improvements will be validated by committee or by the board or by anyone they end up in the task management system that Cindy shared with us.
  • Eric-Jan: And so I would say that this list should be completed updated and prioritize to know what we are talking about what is what has been
  • Eric-Jan: Found up until up and up until now and how we would proceed, because this is one of the questions you might you might expect.
  • Eric-Jan: If you would have membership members interested in a roadmap, they would ask, well, what's in it for me. And where does it stand in the in the roadmap in the planning.
  • Eric-Jan: So to finalize the proposition on slide six
  • Eric-Jan: Of course, these improvements in fabricated should be well described tasks should be well described fella data prioritize plan built
  • Eric-Jan: And then documented and evaluated is a typical Deming circle, how to approach the task management system.
  • Eric-Jan: We also received a
  • Eric-Jan: Email from your own doubt this week, where he where he asked for a recent survey.
  • Eric-Jan: And this could also give direction to the to the improvements.
  • Eric-Jan: So I suggest that we
  • Eric-Jan: We discuss more deeply the rights of the members to influence or to possibly influence the technical roadmap and attacks linked dust related and how far far disposable influence influence reaches
  • Eric-Jan: Then
  • Eric-Jan: I will tell you one of the most important slides would be slide number seven this because it comes in the actual work.
  • Eric-Jan: Because we need to find these potential sponsors to get the funding up and running. So I
  • Eric-Jan: I lined up these typical user groups where where the potential sponsors can be identified and this we should really, it would be national we would agreed on this.
  • Eric-Jan: And I, and I put the low hanging fruit. Fruit first. So the first categories already most
  • Eric-Jan: Are the most important to start with.
  • Eric-Jan: So it goes from first like contacts to typical individual business solution providers to companies that provide me a wiki business solutions, the wiki is listed and wiki API, which is very interesting source, as it were, which is listed
  • Eric-Jan: Then key accounts because
  • Eric-Jan: The clients from the individual business solution provider, as well as the companies that provide business solutions they have key accounts.
  • Eric-Jan: And the key accounts might have a strategic interest or interest that the interest in the well being of the community and the well being of the middle where he shelters to open the community media platform. So these key can should not be forgotten.
  • Eric-Jan: These also usual suspects. You can think of. And then as the last group, I
  • Eric-Jan: Wrote down a group where you you might find some individual members that are interested in individual membership so low hanging fruit. First, and of course that will be duplication of some of these sponsors in the various user groups that's listed
  • Eric-Jan: So I
  • Eric-Jan: I listed some
  • Eric-Jan: Typical features of the various groups and where you can find these these sources.
  • Eric-Jan: Because there is something, there's something already on a dot orgs concerning this
  • Eric-Jan: Yes. So the first line contacts the individual social profiles and the company's these three user groups these three categories are obvious to approach.
  • Eric-Jan: And they would cost relatively
  • Eric-Jan: Few time
  • Eric-Jan: If we agree on on defining these contacts and first of course analyzing them a listing them in the proper way it would cause a relatively few time directly APR wikis, however.
  • Eric-Jan: Listing active wikis
  • Eric-Jan: Would call it would take some more time to
  • Eric-Jan: To get the proper contact
  • Eric-Jan: In visual to get him to get the proper contact available, but there are some some filter for editing and for administrators
  • Eric-Jan: But some of my people have worked on the wiki a Perry in the past and dead. Tell me, it really takes some time to to get the proper administrator or different roles in the wiki.
  • Eric-Jan: In the wiki a pair, but perhaps we have a better in entrance here in the in the board to that we get the same information with less effort.
  • Eric-Jan: Than the key account from business solution provider. So I would say the key count our class a customer's there.
  • Eric-Jan: For St media wiki platform is of strategic importance or or of importance and you have an interest in the well being. So they could also be willing to fund us with a membership and the left and the last in the last group.
  • Eric-Jan: Then I go to Slide number eight.
  • Eric-Jan: Yeah, so what's next, right, the next step, come up with a list, perhaps in a wiki.
  • Eric-Jan: With all these contacts.
  • Eric-Jan: With all these contacts and divided them among the board member. So that's more or less the question who does what, who approaches you
  • Eric-Jan: Who has the best contact, who has the warmest contact in approaching so register the action taken registered status to be in the wiki, what has been done or what should be done.
  • Eric-Jan: At what time and the effort for success in this group. The first line context is relatively small. It's what I call the sponsor low hanging fruit.
  • Eric-Jan: So I tried to lift up the various user groups and the typical contact actions districts that go together in approaching these various user groups. So every user group requires its proper approach the approach is very
  • Eric-Jan: This is important to do to keep in mind. It's kind of tailor made solution for every user group.
  • Eric-Jan: So, it consists of calling because the best warmest contact you don't send them a male, you will probably call them or video call them.
  • Eric-Jan: Followed by a personal meal than a personal follow up aiming at the closing the membership contract. So the worms, contact the first one contest require a personal approach.
  • Eric-Jan: So there are listen to all the various approaches. Some of them have the same approach and where it is. The other approach. I have indicated that there
  • Eric-Jan: I think that speaks for itself.
  • Eric-Jan: And then controlling the membership. The next element in the
  • Eric-Jan: Funding Plan.
  • Eric-Jan: I don't know who but someone already did. It did a good job in making the Jewish schedule on slide number nine, I wrote on the URL for this as well. So this is a really nice approach.
  • Eric-Jan: Some, some detailed modification could of course we made
  • Eric-Jan: But this is very useful very useful start
  • Eric-Jan: That way it's not a start. It's, it's, it's a very useful do schedule. Don't know how it made it, but it look nice.
  • Eric-Jan: So this should be this could be
  • Eric-Jan: It could be clarified on some elements and it could be some benefits could be added, but it's it's a good product on the various membership groups and the belonging
  • Eric-Jan: Funds, the membership costs fees right equal that fees probably
  • Eric-Jan: Yeah, so
  • Eric-Jan: All together.
  • Eric-Jan: In a few minutes all together, it would be what I call an action driven plan. And I would say, I hope it is joint effort.
  • Eric-Jan: We could decide on who does what I define some action points. Some to do
  • Eric-Jan: Some of which we can agree today. Some of them can agree later and some of them which has to be executed into a new proposal or apart parts of a proposal.
  • Eric-Jan: So this is it in a few
  • Eric-Jan: as sort of an executive summary.
  • Eric-Jan: This is what I make of it. I think it's
  • Eric-Jan: executing it in this way as an as a joint effort. It's, it's, we stand a good chance of meeting the objective of wrote down $50,000 for this year also as a sort of an annual start or a basis to
  • Eric-Jan: To work from and
  • Eric-Jan: I will take
  • Eric-Jan: Easily to do to execute it.
  • Mark: Eric
  • Mark: Eric, Donna. I'm really, I'm really glad you put this together. I'm really glad that you are as ambitious as you as you were because I don't think any of the rest of us would come down to $50,000 number
  • Mark: But know hey if you think we can do it. We can do it. Um,
  • Mark: I think the first thing we need to do here is, is to say, okay, is this all the plan. Is this a plan. We can agree on. Does this look like something we can agree on, and then
  • Mark: If we can, I would like to look at who's going to do what here and divided up into different groups of who's going to do what so um can I first get a
  • Mark: I guess a roll call, though, or just a vote of I think this is good and names, who doesn't. And if you say, now you're gonna have to tell us why.
  • Mark: I'll go first. I say it's a good plan. Let's do it. Let's. What do you think
  • Lex: Well, I think, how many MW steak members are there at the moment.
  • Mark: Memory membership is very hard to define right now. So I would say
  • Lex: 15 to 2020 so i would i would tackle those 21st
  • Mark: But you think that this is the this plan is what john has outlined here is good.
  • Lex: Yeah, of course. And let's start with the 20 remember I asked you about a year ago for a bank account and to paying $1,000 and to come up with a couple of ideas that could be done with those thousand dollars. So let's start. These are not even low hanging fruits, fruits that lie on the
  • lay on the ground.
  • Eric-Jan: Nice, nice legs.
  • Lex: And we have
  • Lex: Honestly, I mean, I'm now being you know I'm coding the whole day. So my brain is really wired into logics at the moment.
  • Lex: That's the first step. The first step before we go out and before we assign tasks and lists names and gatherings and demands to people, to promote this
  • Lex: Let's
  • Lex: eat our own dog food. Pick up the fruit that lies on the ground, pay in and have the first project completed for us.
  • Eric-Jan: Nice next
  • Eric-Jan: Nice approaching
  • Mark: Um, so, I agree with that. I think I'm gonna put you in charge of that. Oh.
  • Man.
  • Mark: Hey,
  • Lex: No, no, no.
  • Lex: No, sorry, sorry.
  • Lex: Look, look, I'm not the manager of this if you need two types of contributions. The first is money. No problem. The second is an idea what to do with the money. No problem. Third,
  • Lex: An idea how to manage the process and how to spend the money. No problem. And by the way, I have already come up with a procedure and an idea for this and I mean about I'd say more than a year ago.
  • Mark: And it's on MW sake, it
  • Lex: Was it was in the context of when we all
  • Eric-Jan: Could probably be a different another plan Lex
  • Eric-Jan: This question answering this question because the funny part of course doesn't take the question what to do with it, how to manage it.
  • Lex: Yeah, but you see this is we have to dig the tunnel through the mountain and then start to guild it and
  • Lex: Put in lighting and and railway tracks and everything, but let's go through the mountain. First, and we are all here. We've got 15 people having businesses with all of this. So all the resources are here and I'm very willing to contribute to the to the to the God to the person in charge.
  • Lex: I think I've proven that before. Then I come on come up with an idea. Write them down.
  • Lex: Yeah, that's, that's
  • Mark: What so what I hear from Lexus. He wants to get in and actually do things. He doesn't want to manage
  • Mark: It is there anyone who
  • Mark: appetite for managing thing.
  • Cindy: I'm afraid to speak now because it sounds like I'm saying yes, but I'm not going to answer that question I'm going to answer a different question.
  • Lex: Yes, and I will, I will defend you.
  • Eric-Jan: I see nine people stepping back as you see me standing in the front.
  • Cindy: The first of all, I agree with Lex. Well, first of all, Eric. Yeah, that's a great plan. Thank you and completely and I'm very impressed. He put it together. And it's what we've been meeting for a while, is to
  • Cindy: Come up with a concrete plan for moving forward.
  • Cindy: I want to also agree with what Lex said about us taking the those who are currently active in the media with key stakeholders group. And I'm not sure that we get
  • Cindy: All you know 20 odd people, but certainly the people who are board members and a few people who are boarded Jason, I'm to step forward and, you know, start with the funding.
  • Cindy: And then pick a project. And I'd like to, you know, at some point have us go back through, you know, the what's in that fabricator board the tasks tasks that are there were things that we had sort of thrown up there.
  • Cindy: You know, as we thought of it.
  • Cindy: But we really need to decide.
  • Cindy: Either from them, or from other projects are from wish list that we, you know, we've got a wish list from when we did the survey several years ago.
  • Eric-Jan: Which is
  • Cindy: Something that we think would be high impact for people
  • Cindy: Who that nobody's gotten around to buildings to Nina nobody's
  • Cindy: had the time to do figure a project and use the funding towards doing that before we start going out and trying to cold call people or, you know, take those people who are at sort of the next level.
  • Cindy: Um, it would be good if we had a successful project under our belt to demonstrate what we as a group are able to achieve.
  • Cindy: And I think that will help us. Now, if there's other people that we know that that we think would be willing to give money at this point, by all means, we should go for those people who those warm contacts that you mentioned.
  • Cindy: Absolutely. But I think to get some of the ones that are a little further down on that list. We're going to need to show that we're not just the people who get together in a teleconference a couple times a month.
  • Cindy: But we need to actually have show that we can take ideas that we that we bring together, figure out who's going to manage it and actually figure out who's going to execute actually
  • Cindy: Deliver some functionality that
  • Cindy: That will benefit people to demonstrate how
  • Cindy: Right forward.
  • Mark: So yeah, I absolutely agree with that. Now, how, how do we select the project and and how do we execute on it because not everyone here is going to be, you know, has the skills to execute on a project.
  • Mark: But I think has a good idea of what would be beneficial to have or a project. So how can we involve
  • Mark: Everyone, for example, a leader does not know. I don't think how to code PHP, would she would not be a good person to get 50 projects to but she's she is a good person who understands the business side of this and what users would have so
  • Mark: You know how
  • Mark: How do we break up the work here so that on this. If we say it because it sounds like y'all are in agreement that we need to have a project that we can execute on how can we give
  • Mark: It Rita. For example, something that he makes a valuable contribution on this and then we can say we did this all together.
  • Cindy: I think that the first thing is for us to come up with a list of projects to figure out what the scope is how big of a project. Do we think that we want to tackle.
  • Cindy: And can afford to to build and it may not be anybody that's sitting here on this call right now that does the execution of that project. So I think that, you know,
  • Cindy: We leave that decision for after we've actually selected something. So all of us have equal capability of of
  • Cindy: Of suggesting things that in their lives, dealing with the software they could benefit from
  • Cindy: So I think we should go through the tasks that are on the tab, you know, between now and that next board meeting, or maybe in the next week or so go through the tasks that are on the fabricator board. Um, let's find a link to where we had the
  • Cindy: Wish List that we came up from the last survey and come up with a list of potential projects, figure out, you know, what we think
  • Cindy: The sizing of those projects are and then we as a board come together and select a project.
  • Cindy: And based upon what that project is we'll have to figure out what the skills we need to execute and whether there's somebody who's an active member
  • Cindy: Who may be willing to execute it or whether we need to find a developer to do so. I think we've got a great group of people here, but I don't think we should restrict ourselves just to
  • Cindy: You know, the skills that the skill set that we have
  • Cindy: So figure out, first of all, what we want to build and we all vote on that as board members.
  • Cindy: Once we've got the project. And once we've got the funding, figure out who will execute on that funding and I
  • Cindy: Have completely. No idea. You know how we want to structure that in a financial way and whether it's even legitimate to if one of the board members had
  • Cindy: The skill set to take that money. We all collected and pay them for execution. So you know I defer to those who have met the lawyer to figure out
  • Cindy: You know what the best approach is there then we deliver some functionality based upon that. So I would argue that we all have equal capability of, you know, the reason we're all on the board is because we have insight into how people use media wiki and what the gaps are
  • Mark: So if that point.
  • Mark: I want to pull in Brian and Marcus and make sure that we're all me. James and make sure we're all in agreement here.
  • Mark: And Brian has actually been a while talking with lawyer and looking at all the legal stuff so he can speak to, you know, could we actually pay a board member for this, I've looked over to I'm not quite sure right now.
  • Mark: So what you have any thoughts here by
  • Bryan: Well, I guess I'll jump on the vote first and just give my eye to enacting Eric John's plan and then as far as
  • Bryan: You know, pay for service, it's acceptable and there's a conflict of interest clause. But if you read through it and what we're talking about 40 lines up with
  • Bryan: What we're allowed to do
  • Bryan: And I like the idea Lex. I actually posted the link and then Lex followed up.
  • Lex: Sorry.
  • Bryan: Has a bit bit of an outline. If you follow that link about, you know, possibly about how to deal with what what projects get selected and what we're
  • Bryan: And, you know, and even how the person that's likes it, and takes it is is paid.
  • Bryan: So we can kind of clarify that and make sure we agree with it changes needed and kind of codify that
  • Bryan: If we want and then. But one other kind of quick note about just funding, there's a bit of a more immediate need that we have for money in just paying off.
  • Bryan: The lawyer for what they've done so far. So we got a grant of $2,000 which largely covered our incorporation costs, but there's a little bit more that
  • Bryan: That we need to pay
  • Bryan: Before we kind of jumped into anything else. So that's that.
  • Mark: Yeah. Thanks for reminding me about he did business with that we do have, um,
  • Mark: I think that probably you're right we get that paid off and
  • Mark: No, I don't want to derail what we're talking about here.
  • Markus: I'm actually, I feel like we're a little bit going in circles here. So if you make the request for funding or reaching out to potential donors dependent on us implementing a successful project.
  • Markus: When we are back to square one arm so a wide, I agree that we could start off with something that is funded internally.
  • Markus: Wait just a second.
  • Markus: Sorry, I have kids in the background and they keep
  • Eric-Jan: Raising the Bar.
  • Markus: Okay, so
  • Markus: I think we should treat this as independent strains of action on one is we get funding, the other is we do something
  • Markus: And actually when it comes to showing that we are able to do projects. I think we could easily take the app stack raise that and wait for that and say, Okay, that's a successful stakeholders projects that we are capable of actually having impact on the ecosystem. So my suggestion is
  • Markus: Go with basically both of your proposals so soccer something concrete concrete action plan and look for internal donors. First, but let's not make this dependent on deciding on a project because this decision traditionally takes longer than a week.
  • Mark: So I like I like the thing that you said about taking on within a week because I do want to have you want us to begin moving, you know, and
  • Mark: implementing something and having deadlines and saying, you know, instead of just saying, Oh yeah, that's a great idea and not actually doing anything, um,
  • Mark: So before, before I go on.
  • Mark: It either in James, if you have any. I'd like to hear from both of you about what you think about this as well.
  • James: Yeah, I agree with with Marcus, we gotta you know we've been going around around on this, for I don't know how long we just have to kind of do both. Same time, and probably have a statement that says, We're not going to go around and around anymore.
  • Evita: Yeah, I agree, as well, and even to clarify that more
  • Evita: Maybe we can define what we were going to do, start with the memberships of the stakeholders, you know that individual payment. Can we start with that. Can we have somebody say, Hey, let's push this
  • Evita: A star further than individually individual payment and then have another group that's working on which project we're going to work on like to clarify that today because we have, I feel like every meeting, it's the same discussion, but nothing happens.
  • Mark: So I, I was thinking that we should have a subgroup here and we have more targeted group we have enough people you can split up and split tasks and have
  • Mark: Someone come up with, you know, let's let's establish a membership thing and use I and I think
  • Mark: I think that's a good thing. One group to have him in another group would be, you know, it took to the fabricator task forward and figure out one project to work on.
  • Mark: And I do appreciate what Marcus was saying about, you know, the elder upset because I think that is a very, very concrete deliverable that we do have, um, go ahead, tell me.
  • Cindy: Yeah, no. Avery that and we can definitely pointed out, um,
  • Cindy: I would like to before we leave this meeting, make a decision on that membership. I think we can. I think we've spoken spoken about it enough times
  • Cindy: I remember at one point we were talking about all board members giving $500 left just never mentioned 1000 but I don't know which you know what we want to do, but
  • Cindy: I think it would be great if we decided on that and committed before we left the meeting today is possible to to establishing at least that membership level so that we can get the money so that we can pay for
  • Eric-Jan: It if I might suggest, Cindy.
  • Eric-Jan: If I don't know who made the member did membership model until so far, but I would be voluntary in in completing the membership.
  • Eric-Jan: Let's say within two weeks so that
  • Eric-Jan: We and my company can decide on the membership before the next board meeting right so that we have a clear picture of as far as the board members are concerned, or or the low hanging fruit that Lex talked about who does water right so
  • Eric-Jan: If you agree on this. So if you give me. Give me, give me one or two weeks to complete the membership and then I can take a good decision in my company for, for that matter, aware up for membership, we would go and I would say I write small email to Brian. Brian as my as my
  • Eric-Jan: OK for membership ABC for dollars x, y, z, and please send me the invoice. Right. That's how I would do it.
  • Eric-Jan: Brian if Brian would accept the financial task for that matter, or the secretary task or the coordinating the Oscar.
  • Cindy: Well, I think, I think, not all of us, board members are in exactly the same position as far as that's concerned, whereas some of you are backed by a company and corporate funds, I would be using personal funds for this.
  • Right.
  • Cindy: You know,
  • Eric-Jan: You should a person, but the personal, professional the individual
  • Eric-Jan: Membership is also it's in the same membership model, right. So, so we could we could agree on on the framework and anyone could pick their, their fitting membership.
  • Eric-Jan: But I would, I would just what I hear, also from you is that we
  • Eric-Jan: We, we take this next step.
  • Mark: So if I'm, if I'm hearing what the consensus here seems to be is that we work on getting a membership.
  • Mark: Established and and then collect the money, which is the first thing that we really need to pay this bill.
  • Mark: Right.
  • Mark: There is that in that note there is a there was some discussion about the several people several board members contributing $500 or the equivalent, um, is that, is that something that I and I think that the board members should look at this differently than know is a membership that
  • Mark: You're, you're a board member, you should you should look at this as no skin in the game, kind of thing, you know.
  • Mark: help her get off the ground. Sure. Um,
  • Mark: So anyway, I'm just, you know, open that up out there. I'm not out there. So, okay. First thing first.
  • Mark: Lita, you said
  • James: One thing like
  • James: There's no way I'm paying 500 bucks. There's no way my wife's going okay that like I i spend a ton of
  • James: Media wiki stuff like I give my time for this. I'm not, I'm not spending 500 bucks.
  • Evita: Able to do that especially i don't know i don't have a company behind me and I don't know if I'm have a job. Next week, so I'm not gonna be able to Sam can commit to a large amount
  • Mark: Yeah, I let me clarify what you know I'm saying
  • Mark: We, the board member who would do that. I'm I also understand that there are no other circumstances that not everyone is going to be able to do that.
  • Mark: So, you know, let me put that out there. First I'm our second forever.
  • Mark: So yeah, it's not gonna be like a hard, fast thing it is, but we do
  • Mark: We Do you know his board members, we should be willing to contribute and we all have contributed
  • Mark: Your time and effort already so you know I'm not gonna, I'm not gonna hold it against you.
  • Mark: That said,
  • Mark: You did talk to me about the membership and how you want to get that nailed down as much as possible today. So what would you like to see coming from this meeting today.
  • Evita: And asking all of us.
  • Mark: I asked you, because you're the one that you know you want to have something from today because it was going around in circles too much, which I agree.
  • Evita: So I guess we're saying we're gonna look at the membership list finalize that in the next couple weeks. Right. And then I've worked with Brian on the existing one. I kind of helped put that together with this one. So I can work with you again on it.
  • Evita: Also mark at the bank account. Are we still on hold for that.
  • Mark: I so what we were holding present was the recognition from the IRS. We were told it was going to be up to six months.
  • Mark: And that was at the beginning of the year that we were told that. So it's not quite you yet. So yeah, we're still on hold to that unless unless y'all think that we should go ahead and
  • Mark: You know, get them to give up the business bank account, without the nonprofit status, you know, what's the difference in cost barriers reader.
  • Evita: And I do. I haven't renowned I'll find my notes and see what is. But the reason I asked, because if we're going to start taking membership, we need that account in order to
  • Evita: Be able to keep it so to collect it. So I'll and I, the guy from the bank did call me a couple weeks ago and
  • Evita: I didn't have anything for them. So I'll get back with him and find out. Make sure those numbers hasn't changed because he just gave me estimates.
  • Evita: At the time, so well action item for me is I'll look at looking to get the numbers. See what we can do for having the bank account.
  • Evita: If the membership thing it can be defined, maybe we can meet again a couple weeks to kind of vote on that finalized that and try to collect membership from part numbers. And that's what I would like to happen.
  • Mark: So I end up building on that. I think at that point we can have. We can have a minimum, the minimum amount for a bank account without it.
  • Mark: Collecting find themselves is $3,000 I think we can raise that in the next two weeks among su $500 $1,000, you know, whatever. And maybe membership payments from people I think we can raise $3,000 in a couple of weeks.
  • Cindy: And that's money do we owe the attorney and when
  • Cindy: Because that will have to come out of that fun too. So we could have to
  • Cindy: Need to face the cadence attorney, plus our
  • Mark: Founder, the attorney is already do.
  • Mark: We're a little behind on that. But I think it's about 500 do that right
  • Bryan: We. We. Oh, um, where are
  • Bryan: The next invoices 1400 dollars, but we have
  • Bryan: About 1000 a little less than 1000 still in the bank from the original grant so it's you know about 500 bucks and is is what
  • Bryan: The only difference between the $2,000 and the total that the lawyers charge right now, which is 20 $410 is the bank fees that we've been, you know, kind of paying just have this account waiting for us.
  • Mark: Right, so I think two weeks. Right. Right now, I think we can say let's meet back in two weeks will have we will have hopefully at that point about 30 $500 sounds like we need now.
  • Mark: So we can pay off the bill and start a minimum balance in the band.
  • Mark: And then we'll have a
  • Mark: Good idea about what we want to do about membership and all that.
  • Mark: Is that. Does that sound like a fair plan for two weeks from now.
  • Evita: Could you clarify that you said
  • Evita: You have 3500 are you planning to have the 32 weeks.
  • Mark: So I'm planning to go around to the people I see on this call, who have not indicated, you know, they cannot spend, you know that much money and I'm planning to say, you know, well, here we go.
  • Mark: Because, for example, Lexus indicated, you can give us some money and I have indicated that I can and I think, I think we can come up with the money.
  • Mark: So yeah, two weeks from now, what we should have the money.
  • Mark: That answer your question either
  • Evita: Yes. Yep.
  • Alright.
  • Mark: So, okay. Two weeks from now who's going to be working on the
  • Mark: The membership thing. Can I assume that Eric. Eric john and Vito will are interested in this.
  • Evita: Yes.
  • Eric-Jan: If you were you did you
  • Eric-Jan: Make the
  • Eric-Jan: The membership do is we put it in the presentation.
  • Eric-Jan: Yes, you're right. I would love to team up with you.
  • James: So do we have a plan for
  • James: For like how
  • James: Somebody can go to their management to their company, whatever.
  • James: And say I want you guys to sponsor this organization, you know, here's the paperwork. Or here's some
  • James: info about how that works or whatever because like
  • James: I could go to my management and say, hey, I think, I think we should sponsor this for you know some number of thousands of dollars a year, probably
  • James: But
  • James: I'm not going to just go there and be like this. ORG with this wiki page.
  • Eric-Jan: Yeah, so the sales pitch should be assigned as a task, I would say, and the making a draft contract. You could also be tough to be assigned to a group or to anyone here. These are two concrete things that has to be done first.
  • Eric-Jan: So translated proposition into a sales pitch that could be mailed or communicated and make a draft contract for membership, if we agree on the membership model.
  • Mark: So we need to agree on the membership model. Before we do that,
  • Eric-Jan: No, we could fill in the figures in the details later.
  • Eric-Jan: So we wouldn't, we wouldn't lose any time there.
  • James: If, if we get one good corporate sponsor. Now that is going to pay you know our 3000 plus beyond that, like,
  • James: That would be a huge win. So let's let's offer the first company, you know, founders sponsor founding sponsor or something like that, you know, say, some lower amount but gets forever. Get some, you know, higher
  • James: Higher
  • James: I recommend viewing on the on the wiki page of sponsored or something.
  • Mark: Okay.
  • Mark: Yeah, that makes sense.
  • Evita: But that doesn't that go back to what we were talking about, we don't have anything to show to kind of get them to do that.
  • James: Yeah, I mean that's that's exactly it. It's like, hey, we're not asking, you know, we're not saying we want $200,000 a year to show you as a platinum sponsor. Remember what the numbers were but I'm just making that up. You know, if you want to be a platinum sponsor of the
  • James: Linux Foundation, you're talking about a huge chunk of change. But what we're saying is hey, we are fledgling here and we need we need, we have a chicken, the egg problem and we need to solve that problem. So,
  • James: You cut ABC Company, you get in at some very low level and you're forever. Like, you know, set in stone as founding sponsor actually got to start
  • Mark: It who I'm sorry I interrupted.
  • Cindy: No I didn't, I just push the button.
  • Cindy: But I what I was going to say is that we had discussed exactly that several meetings ago for the board members.
  • Cindy: We decided to
  • Cindy: Pitch in the beginning was that they would be considered founding members as well so
  • James: Yeah, but I mean, I don't care about advertising my name on a website KBR does like like
  • Cindy: I'm just saying that that was something that we had discussed a few meetings ago and I think it makes sense. So yeah, definitely having a founding designation.
  • Mark: So, alright. So, as far as I see there's we need to have someone or some group of come up with. We've talked about the one that Eric john and either doing already. We need to have another one for the thing that James talked about
  • Mark: Which I think James should be involved in that week is, you know, what's the presentation that we can bring to people and say,
  • Mark: Is yeah
  • Eric-Jan: You could probably called, you could probably call that a deck. Right.
  • Eric-Jan: So yeah, a group to make it proposed for the deck would be very fine with your own eyes.
  • Mark: And I, you know, it sounds like you know what you're talking about. Eric done but
  • Mark: Yeah, you are you having another thing you're working on, so I don't want to load up down with word
  • Mark: Is there anyone else that knows anything about making decks or anything.
  • Eric-Jan: Making it the deck, depending on what the object is would be making a deck is not that that much time and with the great work that they've either done for the
  • Eric-Jan: Membership model I will take the I would volunteer, someone would like to team up with me to make a deck, including sales patient proposition some old like to team up with me.
  • Mark: Ryan and Marcus raise their hand. Oh.
  • Yeah.
  • Mark: Yeah. Okay, so two weeks.
  • Mark: And we can come back in this step back and the plan the membership thing that y'all are talking about right.
  • Right.
  • Mark: There is there any other. Oh, and someone needs to come up with $3,000 in two weeks.
  • Mark: That that we need
  • Mark: I'll figure that out.
  • Mark: Somehow
  • Mark: And so
  • Mark: So, okay, in two weeks that I'm trying to I'm trying not to take more than an hour of your time here and it's been about an hour so
  • Mark: You know is there is there anything else we need to make sure we despair, and do we
  • Eric-Jan: Yeah, if
  • Eric-Jan: If someone could could
  • Eric-Jan: Give it to
  • Eric-Jan: To register the context right to to so that we know who was tackling what context. And what is the state the status of the context of the of the potential sponsors something like
  • Eric-Jan: The list and a wiki something like this or another source where we we have something is, this is like this. Right. So did we can attach our name to it to tackle the contact. Otherwise, there is a chance that we are doing the same work for for one potential sponsor.
  • Mark: So I have. I've already talked to Brian about this setting aside part of the media wiki, the MW sake wiki is under a private namespace using lockdown. I think we can do that do this course there.
  • Mark: And I can set up the wiki. I think with lockdown to do that.
  • Mark: That sounds acceptable.
  • Eric-Jan: Yep. Yeah.
  • Lex: So she's you could you could you repeat
  • Eric-Jan: That Mark How do you call that the howdy sorry we're Lex. How do you call the the tool or the URL or
  • Mark: It's MW stale we MW states.org and they'll be one of the names faces on there and the tool.
  • Mark: Or drop down
  • Eric-Jan: All right.
  • Mark: Let
  • Lex: Us know you remember I set up that MW state managed wiki.
  • Mark: Managed oh yeah we did
  • Not work.
  • Lex: Remember that
  • Mark: Yeah, do we want to do we want to do that or do we want to use the namespace. You still have it up.
  • Lex: Well, I have it up by just moved into a different server.
  • Lex: So you would have to adapt the DNS entry.
  • Mark: Okay.
  • Lex: But I would have. I have to look into this over the weekend because since nobody used it. I just took it down. But now if you're looking for something to cooperate on
  • Lex: Yeah, that's lends itself. No and managed
  • Lex: To stake.org is sort of a
  • Lex: catchy name for this purpose.
  • Mark: So,
  • Mark: Is their preference. We all have a preference for locked down or a separate very security benefits to using a separate wiki.
  • Cindy: I think, I think it would be good to use a separate wiki. The other alternative is that we could also since MW state.org is hosted on a VM that can
  • Cindy: Serve as a wiki farm. We could have a sibling wiki there. I do need to leave now go to kick to another meeting, but I think we can continue that discussion offline.
  • Lex: Yeah, the sibling wiki would even be better because then I'm not involved in hosting
  • Lex: Be. In any case, I mean, we could move everything but
  • Cindy: Okay, cool. I'll talk, I'll talk with Mark about that offline. I gotta run.
  • Eric-Jan: By Cindy. Have a nice weekend, Cindy.
  • Cindy: Nice to see you all thinking
  • Evita: I also have to jump off. I have a meeting at to get on. But Eric, you and I can meet about the I'll email you can connect
  • Eric-Jan: The membership specs, if you will. Thank you.
  • James: Yeah, me too.
  • James: I gotta, I gotta bounce, but
  • James: I will start thinking about how to
  • James: Basically asked my company information for money.
  • James: If you want to
  • Mark: Work with Brian and mark and john on the
  • Mark: Thing.
  • Mark: That they think that they were all
  • Mark: So it seems like you have
  • A particular
  • James: Yeah. And, and, as you know, NASA is a big agency. I really have no concept of how many and NASA itself is not going to give money, obviously, but
  • James: But, uh, there's a lot of contractors involved. So hopefully somebody wants to be that founding member founding sponsor.
  • Eric-Jan: That would be great. James
  • James: Maybe I can compete against each other.
  • Bryan: Okay.
  • James: So anybody that's working this, go ahead and email me, I'm gonna send you my work email because I much more
  • James: Visible saying my work email but don't spread that email or email address prefer
  • Eric-Jan: Alright.
  • James: Alright, have a good
  • Eric-Jan: One by James
  • Bryan: For those of you who don't need to drop right now there is a some bylaws stuff that I wanted to talk about
  • Bryan: So the, you know, we have some problems with happen to notice that we're supposed to give before we have a board member meeting right now. It's supposed to be 30 days. But I think there's a kind of a weasel way out where I think we still have a quorum.
  • Bryan: But we can decide as board members that this meeting indicates the notification that we need. And it's a bit of a waiver. Notice, so we can have like a we can call a meeting and like tomorrow or 15 days.
  • Bryan: Because we discuss it in the meeting. And then, so there's a few other points that I was going to talk about that we can change, but I think I'll just send you guys the comment list and
  • Bryan: If we create the one bit, then we can call meetings because in this meeting. We're all here and we have kind of self identified
  • Mark: So last at the last meeting, Brian. We did say 15 days we could get by, by market. We did say
  • Mark: Hi, Marcus day
  • Bryan: Yeah. Well, the problem with that though is is we can't actually make a chain make a change to the bylaws in the time needed. We couldn't have made that change and we didn't
  • Bryan: So that's something also I think we should change.
  • Bryan: Least reduce the days required
  • Bryan: To agree that we can make a change and make the change.
  • Bryan: Because at some point when we have so called ordinary members, they're going to need to be notified as well. And there's a timeline for that. But I'll post it here, but I'll send it out in
  • Bryan: An email.
  • Bryan: But just on the web page under my name. I took some notes about some sections that we might want to change or things that we can use to kind of call me. And so one of them is just section three five. It's about
  • Bryan: You know, kind of a waiver of notice
  • Bryan: That I believe I'm reading it, that if we decide in a board meeting to do something that can waive the notice that you know the 30 days or whatever else required to do some things, not necessarily change the bylaws, but anyway.
  • Bryan: We can talk about that separately in an email.
  • Mark: Yep. Um, so I do want to I guess I'll type up what I think the the people who are given stuff here in this movie. What I think the tasks are and then we'll, I'll send out an invite for two weeks from now as we agreed on that and then
  • Mark: Is there anything else we need to do right
  • Bryan: Now, but I'll
  • Bryan: I'll send out my notes to you this afternoon. So maybe
  • Bryan: Five hours from now, but I end in cities should have transcribe the recording, so I'll be able to look to the text and make sure I didn't miss anything, but I have a bunch of bulleted list for action items that came out of this as well. It's also not to you.
  • Mark: All right. Excellent.
  • Mark: Thank you. Lex for and Erica.
  • Eric-Jan: Thank thank you Mark.
  • Mark: All right. I'll talk to you later. Bye bye.
  • Eric-Jan: Have a nice one. Have a nice weekend. Bye bye.
  • Eric-Jan: guys. Bye.