7 April 2017 MWstake Meeting
|Date (UTC):||7 April 2017 15:00:00 - 7 April 2017 16:00:00|
|Attendees:||, , , ,|
- Village pump page for ongoing discussion of MWStake on WMF strategy
- Cindy writes: I've added an #mwstake discussion page for the Wikimedia Strategy 2017. The idea is to allow folks with an interest in MediaWiki to have a place to discuss and have input into the Strategy. The next step would be to advertise the page. Ultimately, discussion from the page would be summarized on meta. I won't be able to attend the meeting tomorrow, but please discuss advertising the page. Thanks!
- Social media
- Mailing lists - mediawiki-l, ??
- Foundation Strategy process
- Above Village pump fits into this
- Markus pushed MediaWiki in the "Beyond Wikipedia" cluster at Berlin's WMCon
- We need to participate in the strategy process to get it into the WMF strategy
- Lession Learned: Find allies before strategy session so MW gets more visibility
- If we want to leave a footprint, we need to be involved in strategy
- this is 15 year strategy, we really need to get involved
- ACTION: Markus get MWStake members involved in the discussion
- Strategy Highlight
- gives us focus
- ACTION Mark will lead groups' internal work on strategy
- Hackathon track
- Submission deadline is over. We've got seven submissions -> Cool track :-)
- Victoria Coleman agreed to join a panel. Victoria is very supportive - "make something happen"
- Mark talked to Victoria about the document we gave her and she said, the most surprising piece of information was that 'most contributions to MediaWiki come from "outside", from the MediaWiki community'. She was impressed and this information helps her internally
- EMWCon next year
- Make it an MWStake event
- ACTION Mark is working on this with Daren Welsh and getting input from Cindy and Chris K.
- Enterprise hackathon before then
- MediaWiki Cookbook
- Idea started from Iterview with Barb