5 May 2023 MWstake Meeting
|Date (UTC):||5 May 2023 14:30:00 - 5 May 2023 15:30:00|
|Attendees:||, , , , , , , , , , , ,|
- Wait for attendees & chat
- Wiki Quickie
- MediaWiki News
- Wiki Watercooler
The meeting voice transcription is available on the talk page.
- https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MediaWiki_Application_Rationalizations drafted
- https://wiki.freephile.org/wiki/MediaWiki/Marketing to capture ideas
(coincidentally) started a page at
- https://wiki.freephile.org/wiki/MediaWiki_alternatives gives examples of some SaaS products which probably have similar Marketing requirements. As fully-built enterprises, we can no doubt learn from their examples to
- https://mwstakeorg.dataspects.com/wiki/Main_Page gives some thoughts
- https://www.linkedin.com/in/jjeff/ Jeff Robbins - founder of Lullabot and general leader in the Drupal community.
suggested we could get advice from
- Will start an email thread which Mark H. asked to be included on.
- Groups: There are different groups (large enterprise, small company...) and the message must be tailored for the target group because they will "speak a different language" meaning they will have different concerns.
- Can we identify a list of 'users' from WikiApiary? Probably not bc there is no clear correlation between (public) wiki domain and the owner of the domain
- https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Flex_Diagrams is an example of how MIND BLOWING Enterprise MediaWiki can be because it allows you to put your BPMN into a wiki article that is traceable etc. The definition of Enterprise MediaWiki is as complex as the myriad combinations of extensions you can use. So we need to simply identify and tease out these various high-level game changers.
- What are the strategic goals of EM users? We need to be sure we know these and understand them in order to have a 'pitch' that speaks to these goals.
- Eliminate redundant software
- Minimize software costs.
- Consolidating functionality / application portfolio.
- Positioning the product and marketing it is tricky because phrases like "Application Rationalization" (https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MediaWiki_Application_Rationalizations) and "Single Source Of Truth" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single_source_of_truth) are buzzwords that the CIO will understand. However to the uninitiated, or some with a different perspective, there might be confusion or disagreement the moment you "open your mouth".
- The 'short' description of what is Enterprise MediaWiki, and why should you care... Should include the following points.
- Digital twin for Model Based System Engineering (MBSE) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Model-based_systems_engineering
- Consensus building
- Knowledge graph node editor
- Radical transparency
- EMW allows for radical transparency which is a HUGE advantage compared with the paradigm that you can not escape using products like Confluence. People hate Confluence because of the way that it creates information silos by default. Siloed by default means that it's too burdensome to share Open by default means you can easily (without more work) keep some information siloed
- Digital twin for model based engineering
- EMW is a very powerful tool to transform process and procedures into a digital platform. Not only does this make the procedure a living document that you can USE, but it also lends itself to "compliance" and "audit" and tracability requirements for standards like ISO.
Fall 2023 SMWCon
- Do we have a location/plan yet?
- It sounds like no.
- Yaron threatened to have a European EMWCon in the Fall
- BlueSpice Product Days
this page for more informationSee