Board Meeting

From MWStake
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Blank.png Date (UTC): 8 May 2020 14:00:00 - 8 May 2020 15:00:00

Person.png Attendees: Bryan Hildebrand, Cindy Cicalese, Eric-Jan, Evita Hollis, Lex Sulzer, Mark Hershberger, Markus Glaser

Click for time zone conversion

Meeting agenda

  1. Review Dues Schedule
  2. Credit Card Payments


  1. Dues Schedule
    • (Eric-Jan) Evita and I worked on the Dues Schedule
    • (Eric-Jan) The Platinum level cost was lowered to be more realistic
    • (Eric-Jan) Gold, Silver, and Bronze were changed appropriately
    • (Eric-Jan) Max Users were updated
    • (Eric-Jan) Votes were changed
    • (Eric-Jan) Quantified guaranteed projects & benefits
    • (Markus) Question about Platinum Projects & Events, does this mean that MWStake will coordinate the event?
      • (Bryan) I believe this would give them the right to have a conference/event under the MWStake umbrella, but they would need to coordinate it (i.e. NASA sponsors an event at their facility and coordinates it with minor help from MWStake.
    • (Lex) Can we just pay for more votes? For example if almost enough was given to fund a project, can someone just pay the last part to see it completed?
      • (Evita) There was some discussion about this at EMWCon
      • (Bryan) If someone only wants code written and are willing to pay the total, they can pay a developer themselves at any time.
      • (Bryan) I think there is an idea of a marketplace and an idea of voting that are being combined. The idea of a "wanted functionality" marketplace is compelling, but voting isn't only about code, but things like the next Board Member, Conference location, spending money on marketing, etc.
    • (Cindy) I see a few issues:
      • I see a problem with the guaranteed projects, the way it is written, a Platinum member would get both (8 hours and 16 for a total of 24)
      • Discounted registration could be difficult if there is a large company that sends everyone
      • Guaranteeing a talk? This should be checked with the Program Chair
      • Branding the event could be a problem since MWStake doesn't "own" SMWCon or EMWCon
      • The "Max Users" doesn't make sense, I propose it should be removed
    • (Eric-Jan) ACTION ITEM We should start a page to further clarify details to address all these questions. The main page is an overview, the new page will dive deeper
    • (Markus) Do we want to allow Board Member nomination? It could lead to a take-over
      • (Eric-Jan) Possibly a "Non-voting" Board Member position?
    • ACTION ITEM Evita to update the Dues schedule based on the discussion
    • (Mark) Called a vote to allow a waiver of notice to schedule another meeting in 2 weeks
      • Vote received unanimous approval
      • ACTION ITEM Mark to schedule follow-up meeting
  2. Credit Card integration
    • (Mark) We need to look into this.

Action board

Search actions Add an action See this page for more information

None of these labels
+ MWStake
[edit] Create a page to further describe the Dues schedule and benefits.
Board Meeting106

#29 May 21, 2020Eric-Jan,Evita Hollis

[edit] Create next Board Meeting
Board Meeting106

#31 May 11, 2020Cindy Cicalese,Mark Hershberger

[edit] Update the Dues page with the results from the last Board Meeting.
Board Meeting106

#30 May 21, 2020Evita Hollis