User:Bryan Hilderbrand/Meeting Notes (03FEB)
Meeting notes for MediaWiki "Infrastructure" (Project Canasta) Discussion (Wed Feb 03 16:30-17:30 UTC 2020)
The meeting voice transcription is available on the talk page.
My inclination is to move forward with Lex's solution
- Lex has had the time to create a working solution
- NASA's development team have been slow to participate and seem to be stuck at an older MW version
I'm not sure I understand, my solution is a way to package & distribute a MW set-up, not create it
- That's why I call it Mediawiki Manager (GitHub link)
- Described Hallo Welts Docker approach
Ikea & NASA have similar goals, create anything with minimal tools
- I incorporated a Extension Diff checker into my Mediawiki Manager that allows different people to design/build different solutions and "compete", then understand what changed
- What NASA needs is a "MediaWiki Easy Administration Tool", not a completely intentional reference to Meza, but that's what we need
- I see difficulties in the extension upgrading procedure and I also think we should only target 1.35 and move forward
It seems Meza can't handle different extensions?
- configuration file that handles this No, there is a
- Then why is it difficult to jump to 1.35? Shouldn't this be straightforward?
- They have a very robust testing/CI process that handles SAML/SSO, WikiFarms, Parsoid, etc., all changes must make sure all components don't break
Content pulled from the chat record of the meeting.
- Please have a loom at "Check what has changed" on
- MEZA Core Extension
- here's the 1.35 branch of MEZA
- I have to leave in 10 minutes, jfyi