Sunflower MediaWiki is a new multi-purpose MediaWiki distribution.
(This is a draft)
- Creation of a joint project and impact point for third-party users
- non-profit and for-profit
- Development of a common basis for different projects: Meza, Semantic MediaWiki, BlueSpice MediaWiki and many more
- Forster stability
- Promoting MediaWiki and additional bundles / communities
- Deliver a "essential MediaWiki" for admins around the world
- Define with which basic functions new functions have to work together
- Organize the maintenance of the included extensions
- Opportunities: Development of programming standards and agreement on technologies and architectures
- Admins and developers who run MediaWikis in a professional environment
- Cloud Service Providers
A first proposal for extensions that are delivered with Sunflower
|Extensions by MediaWiki||Extensions by Sunflower MediaWiki||Skins by MediaWiki||Skins by Sunflower MediaWiki|
It also comes with a "best practice default configuration" for all of these extensions/skins.
- The distribution is build using
composerand published as "tarball" and "docker image" (may include Parsoid and ElasticSearch).
Release and distribution
- Approach: The releases of Sunflower will / can be delivered by Hallo Welt! for the MediaWiki Stakeholders. MWStakeholders offer an automatically provisioned (?) rolling release on a public download portal: http://sunflowermediawiki.org/
- There will be only one edition, where different sets of extensions can be enabled
A branding of one's own is time-consuming but necessary in order to create a project that is attractive and open to all stakeholders (from Wikimedia to Nichework, Meza to SMW) and builds bridges here.
- Adding Semantic / Cargo? BlueSpice Foundation? Basix extensions for extension families
- Decision making and responsiblities
- Release Board: Who will attend?