Difference between revisions of "Event:91"

From mwstake
Jump to: navigation, search
(Notes: More notes)
 
(2 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)
Line 9: Line 9:
 
|url=https://meet.google.com/mdd-ufhn-ksb
 
|url=https://meet.google.com/mdd-ufhn-ksb
 
}}
 
}}
 +
 
==Meeting agenda==
 
==Meeting agenda==
 
# '''SMWCon Fall 2019'''
 
# '''SMWCon Fall 2019'''
Line 17: Line 18:
 
#* Visit Lex/Clément at UIC on August 5th: comments? {{Agenda time|10 min}} {{Agenda presenter|Lex}}
 
#* Visit Lex/Clément at UIC on August 5th: comments? {{Agenda time|10 min}} {{Agenda presenter|Lex}}
 
#* Status report on [https://manage.mwstake.org/wiki/Conference_Swag:_MEZA_Wiki_on_a_USB_Stick/RasPi Conference_Swag:_MEZA_Wiki_on_a_USB_Stick/RasPi] {{Agenda time|5 min}} {{Agenda presenter|Mark}}
 
#* Status report on [https://manage.mwstake.org/wiki/Conference_Swag:_MEZA_Wiki_on_a_USB_Stick/RasPi Conference_Swag:_MEZA_Wiki_on_a_USB_Stick/RasPi] {{Agenda time|5 min}} {{Agenda presenter|Mark}}
 +
#* Open question - Should the invitation to SMWCon be sent out to anyone else that may be missing from current email lists?
 +
 +
==Notes==
 +
# '''(Lex) Update on [https://www.semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/SMWCon_Fall_2019 SMWCon]'''
 +
#* Lex is heading to Paris to check out the conference venue
 +
#* Upcoming meeting with Lex & Clemont to go over logistics
 +
#* Catering will be provided by Clemont's sister who owns a catering business
 +
#* '''(Sabine) discussed "Experts profile"'''
 +
#** Everyone interested can [https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdKYwz7uaQMTiiGfLqrLYxVkcOTbIn8ukrfNdfW99c2jQF7nw/viewform fill out their expertise]
 +
#** Will be incorporated into a "game" as a part of the conference
 +
#** Provides ice-breaker for conversation, find similar minded people, and helps find consultants that can solve your specific challenges
 +
#* '''(Sabine) showed the design for the conference banner'''
 +
#** Pulled the color palette from the SMW logo and modified with the Eiffel tower
 +
#** (Sabine) asked if any rules apply to logos.  Answer from the group - No, be bold
 +
#** People on the call commented on their support of the logo
 +
#* '''(Lex) discussed the [https://www.semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/SMWCon_Fall_2019#Contributions contributions section] of the SMW Website'''
 +
#** If people want a talk on a subject (not necessarily give the talk themselves), they can suggest it
 +
#* Markus asked Lex if it is possible to get more people to give talks beyond the "core group" that talk every year.
 +
#* Lex asked Mark about RDF & how to get a talk about it since the authors of the extension are from England and Ireland.  Mark mentioned the authors aren't able to attend the conference.  Bryan asked if the authors would be willing to present a talk via webconference.
 +
#* (Mark) Update on Meza on Raspberry Pi.  Mark was waiting on Daren to work on it, but can start looking into it as well. {Action}} (Mark)
 +
#* (Lex) Conference sponsorship.  UIC's accounting department requires bilateral contract for event sponsorship.  Suggested support is 200/400/600 Euros
 +
#* (Mark) thinks that Bernard might be able to give a talk on GDPR
 +
#* (Ad) asked how to attract more participants to these conferences
 +
#** (Lex) emailed the "normal" lists
 +
#** (Cindy) has a list of previous attendees (SMWCon & EMWCon)
 +
#** (Sabine) we should communicate via Social Media shares, sharing emails, newsletters, and other channels
 +
#** (Ad) will share some Dutch prospects
 +
# (Gergo) discussed attendance @ Wikimania and [https://docs.google.com/document/d/1p1LtlEclGaGyvMdxC9arJjbNBD02LFStSJR-pVnmjto/edit#heading=h.7ax2v18mawlk shared some topics]
 +
# [https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/project/profile/1071/ MWStake Phabricator Board] updates
 +
#* Massive update of tasks
 +
#* Suggestion to use the board to track tasks
 +
# (Mark) discussed updates to [https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:Project/Rapid/MarkAHershberger/MABS:_Multilateral,_Asynchronous,_Bidirectional_Synchronisation_(of_wikis) MABS] work
 +
# (Lex) discussed use of Docker, with regard to containerization, BlueSpice uses a "monolith" and asked Markus about doing a talk on Docker

Latest revision as of 13:21, 6 August 2019

Blank.png Date (UTC): 2 August 2019 15:30:00 - 2 August 2019 16:30:00
Blank.png URL: https://meet.google.com/mdd-ufhn-ksb
Blank.png Etherpad: https://etherpad.wikimedia.org/p/mwstake-2019-08

Click for time zone conversion


Meeting agenda[edit]

  1. SMWCon Fall 2019

Notes[edit]

  1. (Lex) Update on SMWCon
    • Lex is heading to Paris to check out the conference venue
    • Upcoming meeting with Lex & Clemont to go over logistics
    • Catering will be provided by Clemont's sister who owns a catering business
    • (Sabine) discussed "Experts profile"
      • Everyone interested can fill out their expertise
      • Will be incorporated into a "game" as a part of the conference
      • Provides ice-breaker for conversation, find similar minded people, and helps find consultants that can solve your specific challenges
    • (Sabine) showed the design for the conference banner
      • Pulled the color palette from the SMW logo and modified with the Eiffel tower
      • (Sabine) asked if any rules apply to logos. Answer from the group - No, be bold
      • People on the call commented on their support of the logo
    • (Lex) discussed the contributions section of the SMW Website
      • If people want a talk on a subject (not necessarily give the talk themselves), they can suggest it
    • Markus asked Lex if it is possible to get more people to give talks beyond the "core group" that talk every year.
    • Lex asked Mark about RDF & how to get a talk about it since the authors of the extension are from England and Ireland. Mark mentioned the authors aren't able to attend the conference. Bryan asked if the authors would be willing to present a talk via webconference.
    • (Mark) Update on Meza on Raspberry Pi. Mark was waiting on Daren to work on it, but can start looking into it as well. {Action}} (Mark)
    • (Lex) Conference sponsorship. UIC's accounting department requires bilateral contract for event sponsorship. Suggested support is 200/400/600 Euros
    • (Mark) thinks that Bernard might be able to give a talk on GDPR
    • (Ad) asked how to attract more participants to these conferences
      • (Lex) emailed the "normal" lists
      • (Cindy) has a list of previous attendees (SMWCon & EMWCon)
      • (Sabine) we should communicate via Social Media shares, sharing emails, newsletters, and other channels
      • (Ad) will share some Dutch prospects
  2. (Gergo) discussed attendance @ Wikimania and shared some topics
  3. MWStake Phabricator Board updates
    • Massive update of tasks
    • Suggestion to use the board to track tasks
  4. (Mark) discussed updates to MABS work
  5. (Lex) discussed use of Docker, with regard to containerization, BlueSpice uses a "monolith" and asked Markus about doing a talk on Docker