Difference between revisions of "Event:92"

From mwstake
Jump to: navigation, search
(Action board)
(Notes: Added notes.)
(One intermediate revision by the same user not shown)
Line 8: Line 8:
 
|end-minute=30
 
|end-minute=30
 
|url=https://meet.google.com/mdd-ufhn-ksb
 
|url=https://meet.google.com/mdd-ufhn-ksb
 +
|attendees=Bryan Hildebrand, Brian Wolf, Evita Hollis, Lex Sulzer, Mark Hershberger, Vincent Brooks, Daren Welsh
 
}}
 
}}
 
==Meeting agenda==
 
==Meeting agenda==
Line 29: Line 30:
 
Shared notes: https://etherpad.wikimedia.org/p/mwstake-2019-09
 
Shared notes: https://etherpad.wikimedia.org/p/mwstake-2019-09
  
 +
# '''(Daren) Presented his [[MW:Extension:SemanticActions|SemanticActions]] extension'''
 +
#* Action Page for each action (e.x. [[Action:3|Prepare update for SMWCon2019]])
 +
#* [[Special:FormEdit/Label|Add new labels]] (with cool colors!)
 +
#* Everyone agreed to try to use SemanticActions in the MWStake workflow
 +
# Add [[Special:FormEdit/Actionable|new action]] & set-up a [[Actions|board]]
 +
#* (Brian W.) Commented on the history of Phabricator, Gerrit, and the usefulness of Action Trackers
 +
# '''(Mark) Brought up a concern with [[MW:Extension:Page Forms|Page Forms]]
 +
#* Some bugs should be addressed:
 +
#** [https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T232112 PageForms: Without {<nowiki>{</nowiki>{for template}}} form submission silently fails]
 +
#** [https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T231958 PageForms: Hidden mandatory fields without defaults can keep the user from submitting the form without any error message]
 +
#** [https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T231957 PageForms: Should allow user to submit a form if there are restricted mandantory fields without defaults that the user cannot fill]
 +
 +
# '''(Lex) SMWCon 2019'''
 +
#* Semantic MediaWiki [https://www.semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/SMWCon_Fall_2019/ConferenceMap Aspect Map] & [https://www.semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/SMWCon_Fall_2019/ConferenceMap#tab=Underlying_Model Underlying Model]
 +
#** Conference schedule is SMW driven
 +
#* RDFIO
 +
#** UIC hosted SMWCon because they want this pushed forward
 +
#** MWStake might be able to help push this forward?
 +
#* Airy is sick, unable to help with the conference planning
 +
#* Videography
 +
#** €2,400 ($2,651.94)
 +
#** Should we attempt a Rapid Grant?
 +
#** (Brian W.) Grant department not apart of the technical team so a "graceful degradation of 3rd party support" may not be something the grant department is concerned with.
 +
#** {{Action}} (Bryan) Bryan will submit a Rapid Grant for conference videography
 +
# '''(Lex) Community Cooperation'''
 +
#* {{Action}} (Lex) SMW should be the kick-off for extension stewardship
 +
# '''(Mark) SMW & Elastic Search'''
 +
#* Mark asked Lex & Brian W. about issues and capabilities of SMW & Elastic Search
 +
# '''(Mark) Discussed removing Google from the loop for sign-on/authentication
  
 
==Action board==
 
==Action board==

Revision as of 18:45, 9 September 2019

Blank.png Date (UTC): 6 September 2019 15:30:00 - 6 September 2019 16:30:00
Blank.png URL: https://meet.google.com/mdd-ufhn-ksb

Person.png Attendees: Brian Wolf,Bryan Hildebrand,Daren Welsh,Evita Hollis,Lex Sulzer,Mark Hershberger,Vincent Brooks

Click for time zone conversion

Meeting agenda[edit]

  1. Wait for attendees & chat 5 min
  2. Wiki Quickie 10 min Daren ACTION ITEM
  3. SMWCon Fall 2019 15 min Lex ACTION ITEM

Notes[edit]

Shared notes: https://etherpad.wikimedia.org/p/mwstake-2019-09

  1. (Daren) Presented his SemanticActions extension
  2. Add new action & set-up a board
    • (Brian W.) Commented on the history of Phabricator, Gerrit, and the usefulness of Action Trackers
  3. (Mark) Brought up a concern with Page Forms
  1. (Lex) SMWCon 2019
    • Semantic MediaWiki Aspect Map & Underlying Model
      • Conference schedule is SMW driven
    • RDFIO
      • UIC hosted SMWCon because they want this pushed forward
      • MWStake might be able to help push this forward?
    • Airy is sick, unable to help with the conference planning
    • Videography
      • €2,400 ($2,651.94)
      • Should we attempt a Rapid Grant?
      • (Brian W.) Grant department not apart of the technical team so a "graceful degradation of 3rd party support" may not be something the grant department is concerned with.
      • ACTION ITEM (Bryan) Bryan will submit a Rapid Grant for conference videography
  2. (Lex) Community Cooperation
    • ACTION ITEM (Lex) SMW should be the kick-off for extension stewardship
  3. (Mark) SMW & Elastic Search
    • Mark asked Lex & Brian W. about issues and capabilities of SMW & Elastic Search
  4. (Mark) Discussed removing Google from the loop for sign-on/authentication

Action board[edit]

Search actions Add an action See this page for more information

Open
None of these labels
+ Extension
+ Conference
[edit] Kick-off MWStake extension stewardship at SMWCon 2019
Conference
6 September 2019 MWstake Meeting

#7 Sep 27, 2019Lex Sulzer