2 August 2019 MWstake Meeting
|Date (UTC):||2 August 2019 15:30:00 - 2 August 2019 16:30:00|
- SMWCon Fall 2019
- Experts database
- Dedicated Conference Badge/Logo Design
- Find author for https://www.semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/CC2119281020
- Visit Lex/Clément at UIC on August 5th: comments?
- Status report on Conference_Swag:_MEZA_Wiki_on_a_USB_Stick/RasPi
- Open question - Should the invitation to SMWCon be sent out to anyone else that may be missing from current email lists?
- (Lex) Update on SMWCon
- Lex is heading to Paris to check out the conference venue
- Upcoming meeting with Lex & Clemont to go over logistics
- Catering will be provided by Clemont's sister who owns a catering business
- (Sabine) discussed "Experts profile"
- Everyone interested can fill out their expertise
- Will be incorporated into a "game" as a part of the conference
- Provides ice-breaker for conversation, find similar minded people, and helps find consultants that can solve your specific challenges
- (Sabine) showed the design for the conference banner
- Pulled the color palette from the SMW logo and modified with the Eiffel tower
- (Sabine) asked if any rules apply to logos. Answer from the group - No, be bold
- People on the call commented on their support of the logo
- (Lex) discussed the contributions section of the SMW Website
- If people want a talk on a subject (not necessarily give the talk themselves), they can suggest it
- Markus asked Lex if it is possible to get more people to give talks beyond the "core group" that talk every year.
- Lex asked Mark about RDF & how to get a talk about it since the authors of the extension are from England and Ireland. Mark mentioned the authors aren't able to attend the conference. Bryan asked if the authors would be willing to present a talk via webconference.