Board Meeting

From mwstake
Revision as of 13:44, 22 January 2021 by Bryandamon (talk | contribs) (Notes)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search
Blank.png Date (UTC): 22 January 2021 03:30:00 - 22 January 2021 04:30:00

Person.png Attendees: Bryan Hildebrand, Cindy Cicalese, Eric-Jan, Evita Hollis, Lex Sulzer, Mark Hershberger, Markus Glaser

Click for time zone conversion


Agenda[edit]

From the minutes of the last meeting. We need to flesh out the areas of activity for 2021:

  1. MWStake.org and WikiApiary.org hosting
  2. MWStake Membership
    • Credit Card processing for all options (individual, corporate, donations, conference tickets, etc.)
    • Acquiring new members
    • Acquiring new sponsors
  3. Project Canasta/MediaWiki Open Source Content Services Platform (MOSCoSP)
    • Agreeing on a direction and supporting it
  4. Conference Participation
    • Taking on more responsibility for planning
  5. MWStake "Machinery/Processes"
    • Board Membership
    • Member (individual) voting
  6. Social Media Outreach
    • Handling the MWStake Twitter account

Notes[edit]

The meeting voice transcription is available on the talk page.

  1. MWStake.org & WikiApiary.com
    • Mark We need to think about migrating these sites to our own hosting
    • Cindy What does that entail? Allocating funds to host ourselves?
    • ACTION ITEM Discuss this at the next Board Meeting
  2. Code of Conduct
    • Cindy I would like to add a Code of Conduct to the MWStake group
    • Mark Opened a vote to include a Code of Conduct
      • Unanimous agreement
    • ACTION ITEM Evita will adapt the WMF Code of Conduct to our needs
  3. Credit Card processing
    • Eric-Jan We need to finish this out
    • Eric-Jan We (Wikibase Solutions) will support Marijn to help finalize the code
  4. Project Canasta
    • Lex I will be giving a presentation at the next meeting - Wednesday (Jan 27) @ 11:30am (EST)
    • Lex Markus, you should discuss your solution at Hallo Welt!
      • Markus What level of detail?
      • Lex Discuss your level of abstraction, how it works, show some steps
  5. Conferences
    • Eric-Jan We should reach out as wide as possible to increase the attendance
    • ACTION ITEM Eric-Jan & Bryan to work together to increase conference attendance. Starting with the existing lists we have developed for MWStake membership
  6. Social Media Outreach
    • Cindy When we sent an email announcing the upcoming MWStake meeting at the end of last year it had a great turn-out. We should continue to do that.
    • Cindy We can use different platforms: Twitter, LinkedIn, email, possibly Facebook
  7. MWStake Machinery
    • Bryan There are several things in our Bylaws that we aren't doing yet, these include:
      1. Board Member rotation - On average, every 4.5 months we should be cycling another Board Member through
      2. Board Member selection - The members should be voted on by ordinary members
      3. Ordinary Member meetings - There should be a ordinary member meeting at least once per year
    • ACTION ITEM Bryan to determine all the requirements and implement a plan
  8. Board Meeting Day
    • Evita Can we move the Board Meeting day away from Friday?
    • Cindy Agreed, we have "no meeting Fridays" at the WMF
    • Bryan Regular MWStake meetings are on the first Friday of the month currently and we aligned the Board meeting to be just before the regular meetings. We can move both, or just Board meetings.
    • Marksu Let's decide during the next meeting
    • ACTION ITEM Mark Schedule next weeks Board meeting to be on Thursday

Actions[edit]

Search actions Add an action See this page for more information

All
None of these labels
+ MWStake