4 September 2020 MWstake Meeting
|Date (UTC):||4 September 2020 15:30:00 - 4 September 2020 16:30:00|
|Attendees:||, , , , , , ,|
- Wait for attendees & chat
Wiki Quickie MediaWiki Blog Released https://mediawiki.blog Needs input: Authors, Corrections, Suggestions, etc.
- MediaWiki News
- Wiki Watercooler
The meeting voice transcription is available on the talk page.
- Help Desk
- (Mark) Thanked Brian Wolff for his support desk help
- This month in MediaWiki (Mark) - Based off Etherpad notes
- MW Logo Change
- One week left to comment on the MW Logo change
- This is just a proposal at this point
- Deprecation policy discussion
- Robert Vogel commented on it via email representing Hallo Welt, it's OK with them
- MW 1.35 release candidate. (VE in core!)
- (Gergo) This means no external dependencies for DiscussionTools
- Updated pingback statistics visualization using the heartbeat ping
- A chart is shown
- The data show how relatively common MediaWiki 1.30 to 1.35 are, and new installations of each
- Heartbeat/Pingback was updated to fix a bug that showed each implementation continuously adding it's status to the total count
- Developer Advocacy/Developer Portal
- PHP 7.2 support is dropped for MW 1.35
- Discussion about unsupporting single-step upgrades over lots of versions is still ongoing
- Consultation about switching from Gerrit to Gitlab
- MediaWiki user survey
- Discussion for the Wikimedia Universal Code of Conduct is coming up. I imagine it will replace the CoC for technical spaces (although no one explicitly stated that) so somewhat relevant for non-#* Wikimedians as well.
- (Mark) What happened with MagicNumberedHeadings (MNH) and why you should keep mw.org up-to-date
- MNH initially stored code in the page on mw.org
- When I went to update it, I learned Umherirrender had imported MagicNumberedHeadings from my github repo into gerrit but neither he nor I updated MW.org to point to the repo(s) instead of having code on the page, so @kghbln looked at the page and said, hmm, not updated for MagicWords and MWServices (but I did this on my github repo and @legoktm did it on gerrit)
- So, @kghbln marked the extension archived and, as a result, Archive the MagicNumberedHeadings extension archived the gerrit repo.
- I was upgrading and noticed all this. Asked for a gerrit repo re-creation.
- MW Logo Change
- New Flex Diagrams extension
this page for more informationSee