1 May 2020 MWstake Meeting

From mwstake
Revision as of 13:02, 3 May 2020 by Mark Hershberger (talk | contribs) (Notes)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search
Blank.png Date (UTC): 1 May 2020 15:30:00 - 1 May 2020 16:30:00
Blank.png URL: https://meet.google.com/mdd-ufhn-ksb
Blank.png Etherpad: https://etherpad.wikimedia.org/p/mwstake-2020-05

Person.png Attendees: Bryan Hildebrand, Cindy Cicalese, Evita Hollis, Gergő Tisza, Ike Hecht, Lex Sulzer, Mark Hershberger, Markus Glaser, Vincent Brooks

Click for time zone conversion

Meeting agenda[edit]

  1. Wait for attendees & chat 5 min
  2. Wiki Quickie 5 min TBD
  3. WMStake is now recognized as a non-profit 5 min Mark
  4. RFC for Composer 15 min Markus
  5. PHP Conference 5 min Mark
  6. Wiki Watercooler remaining Open Mic

Notes[edit]

  1. WMStake is now recognized as a non-profit
    • (Mark) Our approval from the IRS finally came through.
    • (Mark) Working to implement a merchant services account so we can start taking money (membership dues, sponsorship, seed funding, etc.) through the website.
    • (Cindy) Now that MWStake has non-profit status, what project would be good to tackle? Should be linked to the MWStake Phabricator board.
    • ACTION ITEM (Mark) Let's talk about this during the next meeting.
  2. RFC for Composer
    • (Mark) General idea of extension download or provisioning using composer.
    • (Mark) 1/2 of the widely used extension are available via download using composer, but the RFC makes this the official way.
    • (Gergo) Extensions are deeply integrated into MW & easy to break things.
    • (Cindy) Couple of different aspects. Extensions dependent on MW Core version, i.e. Chameleon → Bootstrap → SCSS.
    • (Markus) Auto-enable by composer probably isn't a good idea, this is agreed by all but SMW.
    • (Mark) Ideally we can include these discussion points on the RFC.
    • (Markus) I was planning on adding to the RFC but as people know, Robert & I are on the same page about this.
    • (Cindy) Since the WMF doesn't use Composer but doesn't use another option and many extension developers have been using Composer, they have created an infrastructure/process that works.
    • (Mark) Could use Composer to find issues, throw warnings, & download files.
    • (Cindy) I assume Composer has the hooks to do this?
    • (Mark & Gergo) Yes, Composer has the ability to have hooks.
  3. PHP Conference
    • (Mark) Some people think we should be involved in the wider PHP community, here's an opportunity
    • (Gergo) That conference costs 300 Euros
  4. Guided Tour Extension
    • (Vince) I've been investigating the Guided Tour extension, seems like a good way to sell people on the "wiki way"
    • ACTION ITEM (Vince) Is willing to show what he's learned during the next mwstake meeting
  5. MW Stability
    • (Cindy) There is a proposal for MW stability for putting annotation on elements of code to let extension developers know the change of change. Daniel Kinzler wrote the proposal.

Action board[edit]

Search actions Add an action See this page for more information

Open
None of these labels
[edit] Wiki Quickie
Community
104

#28 Jun 05, 2020Vincent Brooks

+ Extension
+ Conference